Welcome to online RPG DarkSwords - multiplayer fantasy game!
Dark Swords is a free online role-playing game of new generation.
The action takes place in a unique world which doesn't have analogues.
DarkSwords combines the traditional role-playing system with innovative approach to the game process implementation, character development and social aspect.
You can join the players from all parts of the world right now for free!
Update on state of Dark Swords Europe
Dark Swords Europe administrator Zunders here. I would like to inform you of what has happened with Dark Swords Europe server, and what Amber Games will be doing to resolve the issue we are facing.
As you might have noticed, in the last week, several events have occurred:
1) Extreme server lags and glitches, which were caused by internal software bugs. Server was lagging, and more importantly, crashing. Since the server was stable before, and I was not informed of any new features incoming, this shows that SOMETHING was going on and something was changing in server configuration;
2) When clicking to see character information, the site changed from darkswords.eu to darkswords.com - these two websites are owned by two completely different entities. .EU is owned by Amber Games, and .COM is operated and registered to owner of High Tower Entertainment (more on that later).
3) On 14 April 2014, www.darkswords.com has posted news that this is the site where all updates and news will be posted, and www.darkswords.EU will be closed down.
4) The “Buy Platinum” in the client which can be downloaded on www.darkswords.com, leads to a website NOT operated by Amber Games, but instead which belongs to one of our dealers, Asteroid, who operates on Russian server as well;
A little background on Dark Swords:
- High Tower Entertainment, based in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, is the developer of the game. They have all the technical knowledge and infrastructure of the game (the so-called “tech”, as referred in game).
- Amber Games has an agreement with High Tower Entertainment, which specifically states that Amber Games is the sole distributor of Dark Swords on the European, American (including South America and Canada), and Australian/New Zealand markets. We do not have a time limit (the contract cannot run out), and we can operate as long as there are players in the game and we are willing to support it.
On 14 April 2014, we (Amber Games) have discovered that we are completely cut off from all services related to Dark Swords, excluding the ticket system (because it is owned and hosted by Amber Games). This includes an administration tool, which allows to change emails, passwords, give out items, ban/unban players, etc. Moreover, my account, [Admin zunders], has been banned, as was [carrot1974] - the main moderator’s – account.
This has happened without any formal, or informal, warning from High Tower Entertainment. These actions are equal to forceful breach of contract between Amber Games and High Tower Entertainment, to take all players and the community, built for so many years by Amber Games, for unknown (as of yet) reasons. At this stage, we can only guess their motivation to do such a thing.
Here is what we, Amber Games, ask you to do:
1) Please do not purchase any platinum for the time being. You will be purchasing platinum through insecure means, and we cannot be responsible for the safety of your information. Moreover, if you have an issue, it will not be handled efficiently, simply because of a language barrier – which can clearly be seen based on the quality of text in the latest news posted on darkswords.com website.
2) Be patient as we are trying to resolve this situation. For now, the best way to contact us is either by leaving a ticket at email@example.com or by writing on our Facebook page. I will personally be monitoring it every day. Once everything is resolved, I will contact all of you again.
I, Aleksandrs Z., on behalf of Amber Games, apologize that we were unable to see these signs earlier, and were unable to act before this got out of hand. This is a shocking development in a fruitful cooperation. We will do our best to resolve this breach of contract as soon as possible and give the opportunity to enjoy Dark Swords to all our players.
Thank you for being with us throughout the years.
Aleksandrs Z - Dark Swords Europe Administrator.
Artifact creation discount!
Starting from today, 7 April, and until 14 April (server restart), enjoy a 20% discount on any artifact creation (order must be placed before the restart on the 14th)!
This discount is active when you order the artifacts either through a dealer/trader, or our store website.
Clan system changes
We've collected feedback from everyone regarding the clan and alliance experience and are ready to introduce the changes. Here they are:
- In the beginning of the month, clan authority is reset and becomes 500 authority.
- At the same time (beginning of month), the authority the clan has will be converted into clan experience with a coefficient of 3 to 1 (meaning 1 point of authority will equal to 3 points of experience);
- Every evening, if clan has more than 500 experience, it will gradually decrease to 500 points;
- If the clan has less than 500 experience, then it will restore to 500 experience every evening;
Clan war time-out has been decreased from 14 to 5 days.
These changes will take place on 1 April.
Rate increases for March
Rate increases for March are available here: http://darkswords.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19805
Get up to 20% bonus platinum with your purchase!
Active until 22 March 09:00 CET. Visit our main page for more info!
What is an MMORPG?
An MMORPG, otherwise known as a Massive Multi-Player Online Role Playing game, in other words - Online RPG,
is a genre of online computer role playing games (CRPG) where considerable amounts of players cooperate with each other
in a virtual world (basically, in a fantasy setting). Like the majority of RPG's,
the role of an invented hero is given a possibility to operate its actions by the player who created it. MMORPG's
differ from one user and small network role playing games set by players in the virtual realm, which continues
to exist whether you are logged on or not. The virtual world is supported by the publisher of game.
In the virtual world, players can carry out various actions that interact with one another.
There are also characters in the game that are operated by the server called Non Player Characters (NPC's),
that include hostile or aggressive monsters. These are called mobs. When a player is engaged in combat with the
world's inhabitants and successfully destroys them, they are then rewarded with compensation and experience points.
The player then can use their received experience points to perfect the skills and abilities of the hero by using the gold coins
(the game currency and/or valuable items) that makes up the basis of the economy between the participants of the game.
In many MMORPG's, players have the ability to form alliances in game with other members that have a
variety of associations, such as guilds and/or clans which allow players to adhere to a certain policy in regards to other
players' orginazations. With some games a player can either decide to remain neutral or choose the more chaotic and destructive path
upon creating their characters and have the option to choose either or with their arrival into the realm - depending on a game's
plot or by the players choice. There are other MMORPG's that require players to pay a fee to their publishers in order to get
a users subscription and to obtain a copy of their game. Darkswords is a completely free MMORPG (Massive Multy-Player Online RPG)
that can be downloaded and played without having to pay any hidden fees or subscriptions.
Players who like MUD (Multi-User Dimension) like DarkSwords too, because we are close to their favorite games.